Saturday, November 21, 2015

Can We Really Change the World???

 Today I had an awesome opportunity to talk about the way PaleoPlus eating has changed my life for the better.  For the SO MUCH BETTER!  And every time I tell my story I get more convinced that everyone owes it to themselves to try this lifestyle.

What would you do to feel better?

Would you take a pill?  If your insurance covered part of the cost, most of us would say "Of course!"

Would you join a gym or a boot camp or a pool and work out every day?  Maybe.

Would you count calories or measure your food in little plastic boxes or buy frozen "Lean" meals and eat them...most of us have at some time.

Would you go under the knife and have a pretty extreme surgery designed to help you eat less?  Notice how I said "help" you eat less, not "make" you eat less.  How many people do you know who've had the surgery and found a way around the procedure to put the weight back on and now suffer from complications way worse than being overweight?

Would you pay high registration fees to eat boxed, preservative-filled meals and 'snacks' that are made edible with high amounts of artificial sweeteners?  Or drink your meals?  Or buy a "cleanse"?  Or buy the "magic weight loss" powder or pill or capsule or supplement...even though you know it's probably too good to be true, but you'd do anything, right????

Would you eliminate inflammatory food groups from your diet - knowing there are some pretty fine substitutes out there so you wouldn't have to feel deprived?  Would you give up gluten, grains, legumes, dairy and refined sugars and artificial sweeteners to look and feel better?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  I COULD NEVER....I WOULD MISS ________ (you fill in the blank) TOO MUCH!

For the most part - that's the initial reaction to eating PaleoPlus.  It certainly was mine!

I thought I would die without my favorite diet soda - I drank 2 or 3 20oz bottles every day for probably 30 years.  And bread - I couldn't live without bread.  I ate some form of white or wheat flour bread or snack at least 3 times a day.  Oh yeah - and cheese...I worshiped at the shrine of a great cheese counter.  I had all the excuses and all the reasons WHY NOT. 

But I did it.  And I keep doing it.  And I am reaping the benefits every day.

I wish I could tell you why I care so much that others experience this - I know that I test empathic off-the-charts in personality tests...so maybe that's it.

More likely, it's because I can feel (and have felt) exactly what others who are struggling with an overall blah-ness in their health are feeling.  And I've spent years of trying really hard to lose weight through calorie-restriction and exercise and I failed.  Over and over and over.  Until this.  And now I want tell everyone that this might change their lives the way my family and many of my friends have changed theirs.

Our weight loss has been phenomenal.  But beyond that - we all are sleeping better, my kids are performing at a higher level in sports, we've got great skin, great hair & nails, way more energy, better mood, better concentration and for me - no more bloat, no more achy feet and hips and back, no more sinus pressure or migraines.  And I can shop in the "regular" departments!  It's been life-changing!

So I take every opportunity I can get to tell people about PaleoPlus and I will explain and encourage and cheer from the sidelines every victory and every milestone.

Can I change the world?  Maybe not.  But if I can change my life, who says I can't help others change theirs?  Maybe not the first time I talk to them.  But maybe the second...or third...or twentieth.  It's that important!

What's your passion?  What is that you can't stop talking about?  How do you change the world every day?  


No comments:

Post a Comment