Saturday, November 7, 2015

It's the Little Things...

It's nearing the end of Day 6 of the first ever CleanLeanMean15 - a pre-holiday clean eating program to introduce people to a PaleoPlus diet.  I am doing it with the group and can't believe the difference cutting sugar totally out of my diet again has made!

I have maintained a pretty strict PaleoPlus diet.  I am not tempted, I don't follow the "one bite rule", and I keep my fridge and pantry CLEAN!  We have, however, started using some low-glycemic sugars in recipes and coconut sugar in my morning coffee. 

The problem was - I started just using the coconut sugar on Sundays...and then it was Saturdays and Sundays... and before I knew it - it was EVERY morning.  I have a sweet tooth.

Thankfully, switching to a Paleo diet has been about so much more than the 63 pounds I have lost - so recognizing the danger of sugar (even the Paleo kinds) was easy for me.  Paleo eating has improved the quality of my sleep, my joints don't ache anymore, I don't suffer migraines or sinus headaches and my jeans fit the same at the end of the day as they did when I put them on in the morning.

I had no idea how often I was bloated and puffy and uncomfortable thanks to my old way of eating.

So, although I am never going to be on the cover of the SI swimsuit issue, I don't care.  I have experienced a hundred little victories by honoring my body with wholesome, real food instead of a bunch of preservative-laden, sugar-filled junk.


And those are the kind of victories that make me push to find a way to change the lives of anyone who will listen and give this a try!

Yesterday, a dear friend said "I have ankles at the END of the day!" and her face lit up!

Another friend sent me a text about this helping her find strength she had forgotten she had...how empowering is that?!

I keep hearing people talk about conversations with people who don't know about their journey who  tell them how good they look or about how great their hair looks or stories of feeling truly hungry for the first time in forever.

And the comments about increased energy!  I'm almost used to it now, but in the beginning, I was amazed that I never felt the mid-afternoon "slump" anymore.  What a blessing!

It can't be just about losing weight or being on the cover of Sports Illustrated.  Even if that's the deciding factor to get you to TRY Paleo.  It's the other little victories that cause people to effortlessly make the switch to a Paleo lifestyle...forever!

It's all the little things that add up to these amazing, giant, big things like health and energy and pride and vitality!  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment