Friday, October 30, 2015

CleanLeanMean15

About 2 weeks into eating Paleo, I realized I couldn't stop talking about it!  I wanted everyone I knew to try this super healthy, smart way of eating.  I also wanted to learn more and more and more about why I was feeling so different (and it was a good kind of different!).

I was lucky enough to have my family join me for my first 30 days of clean eating.  Then a friend here and a friend there would give it a try.  I did my best to be available to answer any questions or research any product or just chat about how they were feeling.

And it has become all I want to do.  Help others navigate PaleoPlus eating.  Tell them about how I feel, what I'm learning, what my friends are accomplishing.  And MAKE IT EASIER for them to figure out how to make the switch.


Change is hard.

No matter how much we want it.  No matter how convinced we are that it's necessary.  No matter how logical it seems.

BUT, change is easier when you have an accountability partner and a team who is working together and supporting each other. 

So, on Monday a group of us are going to embark on a 15-day CleanLeanMean15.  Fifteen days of strictly clean eating.  No sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no grains, gluten, dairy or legumes.  Just kindly-raised meats and seafood, fresh produce and pantry items with very few, but easy-to-pronounce ingredients, healthy fats, nuts and seeds.

I pulled together some hard-to-find items that I can't live without, some of my favorite pantry staples chosen from the dozens of options out there, and a few of my go-to snacks that save the Paleo Day in an emergency ("it would be so easy to cheat") situation and delivered them to an amazing group of PaleoPlus Newcomers.

Tomorrow I will give out a little advice on shopping and getting ready to meal prep for week one!

I'm really excited about this.  I will be eating squeaky clean with the group...which only means giving up the coconut sugar in my coffee and my new pumpkin-spice coffee 'creamer', but still...  I can tell I am getting too comfortable adding a little low-glycemic sugar to this and that.  It will be really good for me to get away from it totally for 15 days.

Change is hard, but the if this group experiences even half the benefits that I have - Change will be more than worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment