Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Flipping the Switch to PaleoPlus Eating

"There is NO WAY I could...."

Since deciding it is my mission to share PaleoPlus eating with anyone who will listen, I have heard this phrase more than any other! 

"There is NO WAY I could give up cheese..."
"...or diet sodas."
"...or bread."
"...or coffee creamer."
"...or pizza."

And all I can say is "Yes, you CAN!"

I was a classic case of "There is NO WAY I could give up...."  (you can fill in almost any unhealthy food item).  But I did

And it only took 30 days of super-clean eating to reset my system and reprogram my brain and break my food addictions.  And I had some pretty bad food addictions.  I drank at least 2 diet sodas every day - many days I started at breakfast.  I went through vats of heavily sweetened coffee creamer.  I had ice cream almost every night (in a pretty big bowl!).  I ate bread or pasta with 90% of my meals and put cheese wherever cheese could be melted.

And, although I can tell you the story of how I discovered PaleoPlus eating by accident (I believe it was God putting it in front of me in an answer to a lot of "Please help me be healthy for my family" prayers), and my internet quest for information, and my announcement to my family that we were going to "DO THIS!", I can't tell you exactly what flipped the switch and made it so easy to start.

I can remember crying about my weight as far back as 5th grade.  I remember asking my parents if we could move to another town when I was in high school because I was bigger than the other girls I knew.  I can tell you stories of my long-standing food addiction.  And months of crazy calorie restrictions,  And diet after diet after diet.  Most of my adult life has involved a struggle with my weight.  OR a surrender to the fact that I will always be overweight.  I gave up as many times as I tried to fight it. 

And then I found PaleoPlus eating.  And my first thought was "There is NO WAY I could..." - because I had failed so many times before, no matter what I tried.

Admittedly, I had never tried anything like this.  I had never done the research or given much thought to the science behind natural, wholesome real foods and how my body works.

I guess that's why I am so committed to sharing this way of eating - this PaleoPlus lifestyle, if you will - with everyone.  Even if you don't feel like you need or want to lose weight (although - full disclosure - that is what drew me to this type of eating in the beginning), there are so many other benefits to clean eating.

Now that it's become my chosen way of eating and - now that I feel so much better than I've felt in years - it's pretty easy on a day-to-day basis.  I don't have cravings.  I don't "miss" anything or "mourn" the loss of cheese or bread or vats of sweetened coffee creamer.  I certainly don't miss the bloat or achy joints or sinus migraines or sleepless nights!  

So, if you've ever said (or more likely, vowed) that you would TRY ANYTHING to feel or look better...try this!  Give PaleoPlus eating a try.  You can read My Story here and get My Paleo Top 10 Tips and my definition of Eating PaleoPlus to get you started.  Or contact me about Coaching or my Paleo Home Prep Chef services. 

The beginning is the hard part.  For many, the decision to begin is the hardest part!  Add to that - the guilt or self-punishment you inflict for NOT starting ... it's a vicious circle.  Give it 30 days!  Commit fully to 30 days of clean eating and see the difference it can make in your life. 

Go ahead, flip the switch!
My all-time favorite PaleoPlus motivation...don't wait another year, flip the switch TODAY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment